Monday, October 27, 2008

Generation Dead

Well, I am not posting as soon as I originally thought. Internet access is scant at the moment, due to my moving into an apartment for which I have yet to buy internet. And my laptop is being fixed. And my desktop isn't put together yet (and I may, in fact, not even have all of the pieces for it to be in functional form anytime soon...).

So that's why my second post is rather late.

And, as observant readers who browse the young adult section have probably already noticed, I recently read Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

This book has some really interesting ideas. It deals with some difficult issues, such as learning to accept people who are different, and love in high school.

This is going to be a lackluster review, because I didn't dislike reading this, but I didn't particularly like reading it either. I must say, if there's something concerning this book to rave about, I think it's the cover. Every time I come across it in the bookstore, it makes me pause. It's this zombie cheerleader, laying down on a bench. She's sexy and creepy at the same time. And I think that's the vibe the author is going for with this book.

I might just be too old for this book, honestly. Reading this book, I feel like I'm reading about some high school kids. It reminds me of what I was like in high school. But honestly, I would like more evident intelligence in the high school-esque characters I read about.

And I really disliked the ending. The book was okay for me until the ending, and I was just kind of, "Give me a break."

I don't think this was a bad book, I just don't think this was my type of book.

No comments: